Folks, get ready for the Future of CentOS with their new release of version 7.0. For the first time, CentOS offers a transition update from 6.5 to 7 which was not the case with prior releases. Here are some of the noticeable changes.
- Kernel updated to 3.10.0
- Support for Linux Containers
- Open VMware Tools and 3D graphics drivers out of the box
- OpenJDK-7 as default JDK
- In Place Upgrade from 6.5 to 7.0 (as already mentioned)
- LVM-snapshots with ext4 and XFS
- Switch to systemd, firewalld and GRUB2
- XFS as default file system
- iSCSI and FCoE in kernel space
- Support for PTPv2
- Support for 40G Ethernet Cards
- Supports installations in UEFI Secure Boot mode on compatible hardware
With new releases, theres always bugs and fixes to come so we suggest using this in a test environment to ensure its stable before putting it in production.
Download your copy today! centos.org